Beef & Ale Soup
I stumbled across a recipe for something like this and recreated it and added or omitted ingredients last winter. I’ve already cooked this multiple times now. I hope you enjoy this soup as much as we do. Again this is a true good Comfort Food on a cold winters day.
- 2 Lbs of Roast cubed into 1 inch chunks
- 16 Oz of Baby Portabella Mushrooms sliced Thick
- 3-4 Russet Potatoes Cubed into 1 inch Pieces
- 5-6 Garlic Cloves Sliced
- 12 Oz of a good Brew ( Fat Tire, Terapin, Yuengling, or Sweetwater G13 )
- 16 Oz of Beef Broth ( You can substitute with Beef Bone broth)
- 2 Bay Leaves
- Salt, Pepper, Italian Seasoning and Herbs de Provence to taste
- 2 TBS of Butter or Bacon Grease
- 1 Pkg of Garlic instant Mashed potatoes
Directions to make:
Lightly bread your beef in your instant mashed potatoes with some pepper, Italian seasoning, Garlic powder and Herbs de Provence.
Next lightly brown your breaded beef in some bacon grease or butter and set aside. (You can season more if desired now)
Next add more bacon grease and or butter, add your cubed Potato’s and lightly brow and cook down, add your Garlic, Onions and Mushrooms. Let this cook for 5-10 mins on medium low heat.
Next add your preferred dark ale or Stout, Bay Leaves, and Bone broth and Beef Broth.
Now it’s time to let this soup simmer and soak up all the flavors until beef is tender and the potatoes are soft.